For those who couldn’t make it to the GA tonight, here is the plan for the next few weekends (as approved by consensus):
- FRIDAY 11/11/2011 at 11 a.m., we will show our support for veterans and meet at the Ice Rink wearing 99% shirts to march in solidarity with the AFGE (Government Employees Union) for the Veteran’s Day Parade. No signs, just shirts please.
- SATURDAY, 11/12/2011, we will depart Moana Springs @ 10:00am and march down to Virginia & McCarran. There we will post on the four corners. The THEME is Buy Local, Bank Local this Holiday Season. Bring signs that advertise the theme (and some shameless self-advertising as well).
- SATURDAY, 11/19/2011, we will depart Moana Springs @ 10:00am and march up to Virginia & Plumb. There we will post on the four corners. Again, the THEME is Buy Local, Bank Local.
- BLACK FRIDAY, 11/25/2011, we will separate into teams and post up on the corners of major shopping malls. There we will have fliers advertising local co-ops and local banks (with some more shameless self-advertising). Depending on the number of volunteers, we can demonstrate at Meadowood Mall, Legends, and The Summit. We’ll see how the previous marches go to get a better handle on the logistics of this day.
- Don’t want to march but still love your community? Occupy Reno with Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful is looking for volunteers to perform community service. Tools will be provided, we just need labor hours. Time TBD. Depending on weather, Sunday late mornings seems to be the best time. I’ll keep you guys posted…