Greetings from Occupy Reno,
A couple of quick announcements from the 12/28/2011 GA
- The 12/31/2011 GA has been moved from Downtown to the Moana Springs. The time is still 1:00pm.
- We are finalizing our letter to City Council members. This letter is an attempt to lobby Reno City Council members to adopt similar legislation that the City of LA did in which they pledge to support an Constitutional Amendment declaring that corporations are NOT people. If you haven’t seen a copy of the letter yet or would like to revise it, please email Outreach@occupyreno.org
- Occupy Reno will support the Occupy City Hall project. Their next planning meeting will be on 12/31/2011 at 11:00am outside of City Hall. The purpose of this project is to visually display to City Council the human faces that have been affected by an unjust and lopsided economic system. We will be hosting a food and clothes drive INSIDE the City Council lobby room during their operating hours as well as hosting informational seminars. We will also be hosting a petition drive to lobby City Council to adopt the “corporations are not people” pledge.
- We will be having a satirical marchon 1/7/2012. Time and Location TBD. Possible themes include:
- Blood for Oil
- More Work, Less Pay
- BofA Deserves my Home
- Abloish Tax Loopholes for the Poor
- More TV, Less edukation
- Corporations are People TOO!
- The GA has accepted a proposal to draft an Occupy Reno Charter in which we will formalize each committee’s roles and responsibilities as well as the duties of the facilitators. If you would like to participate in drafting this Charter, the first working group will be meeting after the 12/31/2011 GA.
Have a safe and Happy New Year!
See you on the frontlines,