Hi all! We just wanted to update you on all of our upcoming actions, meetings, GA’s, etc. We have lots of ways for you to get more involved and events planned around a variety of schedules. We’d love to see you out there helping fuel this movement. Speaking of the movement, we’ll be four months strong in just a couple of days! Below are our upcoming events for this weekend and beyond.
- Saturday (1/14): GENERAL ASSEMBLY 1 p.m. at 240 Moana Lane
- Saturday (1/14): Help Feed The Hungry 2:30 p.m. Meet after the GA at Moana Springs if you’d like to participate.
- Sunday (1/15): Media Committee meeting 1 p.m. in Room 113 at the UNR Knowledge Center.
- Sunday (1/15): Candelight Vigil in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 7 p.m. outside City Hall. We stand in solidarity with the global Occupy Movement as well as Dr. King’s legacy of non-violent civil disobedience. All OR flyers as well as specific flyers for this event can be found here. If you have access to a printer, please print these out and help get the word out for this extremely special vigil.
Looking forward, we are in the planning stages for several more actions and would love some input. Please come to the Outreach Meeting Mondays at 5:30 at Strega (310 S Arlington Ave) to discuss the events for next week listed below and more.
- Tuesday (1/17): Occupy Congress in solidarity with the national movement. Meet outside Federal building. Details TBD.
- Wednesday (1/18): Reno City Council Meeting We are trying to get on the agenda to petition the city to end Corporate Personhood. We should know by tomorrow if we are on the agenda. If not, we will plan something for the public comments section starting at noon.
- Friday (1/21): Occupy the Courts Meet outside Federal building. Details TBD.
- Saturday (1/22): General Assembly outside City Hall at 1 p.m. followed by March in protest of the Citizens United v. Supreme Court decision. We will be marching in the streets of downtown to the Federal Building with RPD escorts.
Finally, Occupy City Hall is still going strong outside Reno City Hall Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Close to 1,000 letters have been signed in support of the Bernie Sanders petition.
While we have a lot planned, we can not stress enough how much we need your help to bring all these plans to life. Any bit of time you can give will go a very long way. If you want to help with something specific, please come to the GA or one of the committee meetings so that we can get you in contact with the appropriate working group. As always, if you can’t contribute in person, please contribute online in our discussion forum.
We love you all and hope to see you soon!