Our current treatment protocols for those exhibiting behaviors associated with having mental health issues are inadequate, and some claim abusive. New protocols are needed where respect for the individual is integrated into the process.
In order that individuals obtain the best chance of recovery – and leading contented productive life, several changes to the system need to be implemented.
1. Screen and treat individuals for trauma (numerous non-drug modalities are available, including somatic experiencing, Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprogramming, and others.
2. Work with client to find out where he/she falls on the personality type grid utilized by the video series How To Deal With Difficult People (by Dr. Rick Brinkman & Dr. Rick Kurshner)
3. Have client attend workshops on Non-Violent Communications – (the one by Marshall Rosenberg is excellent)
4. Encourage Meditation
5. Encourage perception shifting exercises: Cellular Memory Release -see Memory in the Cells by Luis Diaz-
6. Utilize the Dali Lama’s method of transforming anger. (adapted from The Art of Happiness by the Dali Lama)
7. Investigate the use of alternative therapies including Craniosacral Therapy and sound Therapy using tuning forks. Those who receive appropriate intervention early have the best chance of optimum recovery, yet nearly all should be able to make at least some recovery.
8. Integrate the Recovery Oriented Practices by Larry Davidson, Ph.D. as recommend by SAMSHA.
- The Families Funding the 2016 Presidential Election fb.me/4A3pcu4mx 1 year ago
- Hi everyone, this page will disappear this week. Please go ahead and like Occupy Reno's new page to stay... fb.me/7udBpUu6J 1 year ago
- Organize your workplaces people! Right to Work only means Right to Union Bust. fb.me/7tUgWoxWS 1 year ago
- fb.me/3QuLvr9m9 1 year ago
- fb.me/32RvVDJSP 1 year ago